First Touch Games are looking for a 2D/UI Artist to join the team in Oxford, helping to deliver a portfolio of football games that is amongst the most successful and respected on mobile.
You are excited working in an industry where your skills as a 2D/UI Artist have real impact. You enjoy designing visuals, crafting UI related artwork into high quality assets that seamlessly enhances the realistic 3D art style of our games.
This is a new role offered as part of a small thriving creative studio that has achieved over 1 billion downloads to date. It is a role with high visibility and influence in the design outcomes of our games.
The role is offered full-time and in-house.
- Create, prototype and execute mobile User Interfaces working with our Code team.
- Continuously improve and evolve UI assets and elements.
- Help identify and resolve usability issues and deliver meaningful improvements.
- Create and iterate App icons.
- Create marketing materials.
- Have a deep interest and experience in mobile products, particularly mobile games.
Required skills & experience:
- Excellent Photoshop / Illustrator skills
- Good all-rounder – an ability to target multiple UI styles from casual to conservative, realistic and mid-core.
- Proficient in various visual design and wireframing tools.
- Good knowledge of graphical principles, colour theory and art.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills.
- Educated in a relevant field, demonstrating graphic design skills with excellent use of typography, composition & colour theory.
- A passion for gaming and digital trends, particularly mobile.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Well versed on sound UX principles on mobile devices.
- Video content and editing skills.
- Genuinely engaged in football as an interest.
Why Join Us:
We’re a small and highly supportive team who love football, sport and games. We’re good at what we do and we’re well-known for it. This is a rare opportunity to be an important part of our continued success. Individuals who place the success of the team first, but who can demonstrate talent and passion, thrive with us.
Benefits: Zero Overtime, Relocation, Excellent Bonuses, Healthcare, Free Gym, Pension, Flexible Core Hours, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave, Free Drinks & Snacks, Club-Wembley Football Tickets.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you are qualified for this role and are attracted to our benefits and values then we welcome all candidates irrespective of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You must have the present ability to work and live permanently in the UK.
Applications from agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.